Monday, June 25, 2007

Deserted Island?

AH! The weekend was SO amazing! We went to Kho Mook, an island that is part of Trang Thursday night and got back on Sunday. We were the only people staying at the resort because it's the off season. We had great weather, bungalows on the beach, swimming all day... it was awesome! Friday I pretty much just hung out, got an oil massage by the pool, etc. Saturday was lots of fun- in the morning we went to Murakot Cave and swam through it. The middle of the cave was a beach surrounded by huge cliffs- it was sad that I couldn't bring my camera through. In the afternoon we went snorkeling off Kho Kradan, which was sooo beautiful. The whole weekend was magical. Next weekend I'm planning a trip to Chiang Mai to see the elephants and temples! I can't wait. Work at the clinic is going pretty well. They don't always have much for us to do, so I started working on an information pamphlet about HIV/AIDS for them to hand out. Today we actually taught at the school for a little while. The kids were so cute! They were really excited to see us and learn English- it was really heartwarming. The bad news is that I think I'm getting a cold :( POOP! Lots of tea and an early bedtime for me. I hope I feel better tomorrow!

Lots of love,
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen! It sounds like you are having so much fun! I am so glad to see that. I hope you don't get sick though.

Anonymous said...

It does sound amazing. Hope you see some elephants soon. Be safe this weekend. Grandpas birthday went well even though it was HOT and rainy. We love you!