Thursday, July 5, 2007

Going Home!

Well guys, this is pretty much it. My last week here has flown by. A Buddhist monk came and spoke on Tuesday and today we had a Thai dance lesson. This morning I got up early (about 5:45) to give a monk a bag of food. They only have one meal a day, which is before noon, so monks walk around all morning collecting food. One of the CCS staff helped me- it was a really awesome experience. The women from the clinic took me out for dinner. There were lots of tears when we said goodbye (they were mostly mine since it's not entirely acceptable to show upset emotions for Thai people). Now I'm just packing up and preparing to spend a day in Bangkok. The women from the clinic suggested a temple for me to go visit and I think there's a show that I would like to see as well. Beyond that I'm going to live it up in my hotel room, rent movies, order room service, and hopefully find some divine spa treatments. I got really homesick these last few days- I miss you all so much! But at the same time it's really hard to leave all of these fantastic people. I got everyone's address, so I hope I can stay in touch with them and maybe even come back sometime to visit. Anyway, I'll be back in the U.S. on Saturday, so give me a call!

Lots of love,
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are excited to see you on Saturday. We love and miss you alot. Have a safe and fun trip home.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.